1. Begin with your feet positioned shoulder-width apart and knees slightly bent.
2. Inhale as you raise the weight above your head.
3. Keep the weight directly overhead and centered between your shoulder joints.
4. Exhale as you take a comfortable step forward into a deep lunge position.
5. Inhale and pause to check your form. Your forward knee should remain over your forward foot and not in front of it.
6. Exhale as you forcefully drive your forward heel into the ground.
7. Inhale as you return yourself to the starting position.
8. Perform 10 reps. Switch sides and repeat the same number of reps with your other leg stepped forward.